Friday 13 March 2015

Sriracha Chicken Pasta


Addicted. Hopelessly addicted. After I had Sriracha Chicken Wings, I couldn't stop thinking of what else I could do with Sriracha.



I had a big piece (400g) of chicken breast in the freezer and a chicken pasta came to mind. For the marinade, I used sriracha, honey, lime zest and juice, garlic and shredded kaffir lime leaves. I left the chicken to marinate for about 5 hours.

Chicken marinating inside a freezer bag. I left it in the fridge for
5 hours and took it out to room temperature before roasting.

Roasted on a lined tray at 180C for 30 minutes. Baste every 10 minutes.

Then I roasted the chicken at 180C for about 30 minutes. The smells wafting through my kitchen reminded me of tomyam! The chicken breast turned out very tender and moist. You could say that I am almost a chicken breasts convert. Almost.


You could serve the sliced chicken as it is with rice or toss it with a pasta, using the roasting juices as sauce.


If you want more heat, drizzle extra sriracha on the pasta like I did.


This is really good I tell you.


And if you are a coriander lover, which I am, you can "banjir" (flood) your pasta with this aromatic herb.


I think a squeeze of lime juice will perk up this pasta even more, not that it needs anything extra. 


I'll have to say that sriracha is my best discovery yet in 2015. Am I glad!



Sriracha Chicken Pasta
Recipe source : Adapted from here

For the chicken :
Ingredients :
- 1 piece chicken breasts with skin on (about 400g)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 big clove garlic, crushed or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded

Method :
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients and chicken.
2. Place into a plastic bag and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours.
3. Bring out to come to room temperature before roasting at 180C for about 30 minutes or until the chicken in cooked. Baste with the marinade every 10 minutes.
4. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

For the pasta :
Ingredients :
- pasta of your choice, cooked to packet instructions
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded (optional)
- some coriander leaves (optional)

Method :
1. Cook pasta until al dente and drain.
2. Toss the pasta in the pan juices.
3. Place pasta in a bowl and to with chicken slices.
4. Garnish with shredded kaffir lime leaves and coriander.
5. Drizzle extra sriracha if desired.

35 comments:

  1. Hmmm...sounds and looks so delicious. Makes me hungry even though I have taken my breakfast ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. You do that to me too, Nancy LOL!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I see you're putting that bottle of sriracha to more good use :) Is there a Sriracha Pork Chop coming up soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I see a Sriracha pork chop coming soon hah..hah...

      Delete
  3. That sure looks droolworthy! Very very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drool.

    Lucky I already ate lunch. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taken my lunch, but still makes me drool, kakaka...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just har chicken rice for lunch at Meng Kee, Glenmarie, BUT I could wallop the whole plate of your pasta now too.. Wait, make it 3 plates! I like your chicken, I like the pasta using just the roasting sauce, yeah I like everything roast chicken and pasta.. Gonna get that Cajun seasoning this weekend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe sorry ahh out of topic I suddenly talk about Cajun.. I had lunch few days ago in Bad Boyz, and I had their Cajun chicken with creamy sauce.. Thought of you.. Must get that Cajun spice.. Must must..

      Delete
    2. Louiz, buy the Cajun seasoning. I have a recipe somewhere for Cajun Chicken Pasta and I am thinking of cooking it again.

      Delete
  7. Wow your pasta looks delicious.......it is making me drool. Must get the Sriracha sauce to try this out. Thanks for sharing Phong Hong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phong Hong,
    You know what .... I thought some food magazines promoting some fine dining menu ... wow! love your pictures .... and this Sriracha Chicken Pasta.
    Oh BTW, I went back to Giant hypermart and saw the brand of Sriracha chilli ... not exactly the one you use ... so I didn't buy it. I must finish all those sauces in my fridge before "investing" new ones ... hee ... hee! Ya, bookmarked your recipe first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...thank you, Karen! **blush** If you buy the Sriracha, you must try this recipe!

      Delete
  9. it looks very good, what else I can say:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chicken breast is better for health. Quick, convert already! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be converting soon LOL!

      Delete
  11. The chicken serve with rice also very good hor? Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Hayley with rice also very good!

      Delete
  12. Oh, Sriracha, the Thai hot chilli sauce again. I better run away because I can't take the heat! ;-) though I secretly would like to eat the tender chicken breast meat with coriander, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun, then you must use some other chillis sauce that is less hot :)

      Delete
  13. Combining the things I love to cook with: chicken and pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathleen, for you chicken, pasta but no sriracha!

      Delete
  14. happy sunday to you! i was also thinking of thai along the line. Perhaps can also taruh a bit of lemongrass in the marinade hor? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday, Lena! Yeah lah, put serai would be even better!

      Delete
  15. sriracha!! aiyoh, that already sounds so exotic, especially if you pronounce it srira-charrrhhh!! muahahaha!!

    I like this dish, reminds me something I often had in Pasta Zanmai (not that I particularly like that but it is paired with the other dish that I very like).. any clue?? haha, the chicken teriyaki pasta, except that you are using the srira-charrhhh sauce instead of teriyaki sauce..

    and oh, I wonder if it's nice to do away with the (smelly) coriander and replace it with an onsen egg?? imagine you poked the egg and the runny yolk oozing all over the chicken and pasta, and then gets cooked a little by the warmth.. oolala!! wouldn't it be nice??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya! The poached egg! I like that a lot but have yet to attempt making one. OK, that shall be my next project!

      Delete
  16. This looks so awesome and tasty! The recipe is sooooo easy! I wanna yum yum this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TM, you must try chicken marinated with this superb Thai Sriracha. Goes well with rice or pasta. By all means go and yum yum!

      Delete